Friends of the Library
The purpose of the Friends of the Perth Amboy Free Public Library is to focus attention on library services, facilities, and needs and to encourage donations, gifts, endowments, and bequests to the library. By adding additional monetary support, the Friends seek to stimulate increased usage and enhancement of library resources and services, ultimately enriching the lives of the local community. The Friends of the library also seek to promote literacy through activities and events that instill a lifelong learning.
Friends of the Library groups are a worldwide effort to:
- Encourage the love of reading and independent learning
- Raise funds for special projects, equipment, and materials in excess of the general Library budget
- Provide dedicated volunteer services
- Support Public Library advocacy
- Sponsor special programs and public service projects for the entire Perth Amboy community
- Play a significant role in community involvement
In addition to advocating for the library, the Friends provide a number of different activities to enhance the lives of members in their community. Some of their most recent activities include:
- Donate books to local school libraries to promote literacy.
- Hold Barnes and Noble Book Fairs to raise money for the library and provide activities for the community.
- Sponsor lectures and other cultural and educational programming, such as Author Talks for Children, Black History Month Celebration and more.
- Hold Book Sales every other Saturday at the Brighton Avenue Community Center.
Who can be a Library Friend?
Friends groups are an alliance of business leaders, community leaders, civic leaders, library users and citizens - just like YOU, who are dedicated to the continuing mission of support to Free Public Libraries.
Friends of the Library Executive Board
Liaison to Board of Trustees
To Learn More About the Friends, visit their website, or
Contact: [email protected]